Link parties are a great way to discover new blogs and get yourcontent read by a different group of readers. However, trying to keeptrack of different link parties, and comply with link party requirements takes a lot of time. The time investment it takes to participate inlink parties makes some bloggers wonder if they’re still worth theeffort.
If you would like to participate in link parties, but don’t want itto take a lot of your time, there are some things you can do to simplify the process:
How to Streamline the Process of Participating in Link Parties
- Start small. If you’re already doing link parties, pick the two orthree link parties that bring you the most traffic, and just participate in those. You might also want to include the link parties of yourblogging friends.
- Make a link party list for each day of the week. You can start outby writing down link party lists in a notebook. Record the link partyurl, and start time.
- Take note of any special requirements for link party participation.Some link parties require that you link back to the link party in yourpost. Others require that you visit the sites of a specific number oflink party participants. Estimate how much time it will take you toparticipate in each link party, and decide if the time it takes toparticipate is worth it.
- Try your best to leave your link near the start time of the party.That way your link will be at the top of the list, and you’ll probablyget more traffic to your site.
- Visit links from parties you participate in. Even if it’s not arequirement, it’s a great way to learn about new blogs. You might evenmeet some new blogging friends this way. If you’re afraid you’ll forget, jot it down on your to-do list for the day after you leave your link on a link party post.
- Once you’ve gotten used to participating in a few link parties, add a new party each week. Only do this if you feel like you can handle theextra time it will take to participate.
- Create a link party page on your site. Many link parties requirethat you leave a link back to the link party host’s site. This is agreat option, because you can always use your link party page to helpyou remember which link parties you want to participate in.
- After a few weeks of link party participation, check your GoogleAnalytics and see how many visitors are coming to your site from linkparties. Assess if you think continuing link party participation isworth it, so you know that you’re using your time wisely.
Doing link parties takes a lot of time, but if you participatestrategically, they can help you find new readers and build youraudience.