As a standard rule of thumb, you have to assume that over 80% ofpeople find what they are looking for on the first page of Google. 20%of all searches usually get sucked up by PPC advertisements, and theother 80 % is scattered on the rest of the page, with the obvious firstthree spots being the most coveted. Knowing this, it’s very important to understand and completely embrace the fact that being on the first page of major search engines like Google or Bing, should be of paramount concern to any business regardless of what you’re selling.
It’s all very well cranking out blog posts, but will anyone ever read them? Particularly as there are so many ways to be just another mediocre blogger.
Below I’ve compiled 10 simple ways that you can and should be doing to help you grow traffic to your website.
- One way, you probably all know, is Search Engine Optimization. This is theprocess of making sure your website is as search engine friendly aspossible. It’s so important, and I usually recommend it to most people I speak to.
- Make sure that you have an active blog or how tosection on your website, preferably feeding into the main page of yourdesign. This will show the major search engines that you are addingcontent, fresh content and over time; it will help to make your sitemore authoritative.
- Do you have the best content, and have youdone significant keyword research? Many times there will be manykeywords that you could expand on that are driving long tail term volume to your site, but you aren’t aware that you can expand on those.
- Actively seek out back-links to your website, and this for sure can help you toincrease traffic to your website for your targeted terms.
- Makesure all content that you put on your site, is related to what it isthat you do or sell, and that your speak about it in each reference site wide.
- If you are an instant gratification type of person, andyou feel you have good profit margins, it would be wise to consider awell planned out Pay Per Click campaign.
- Participation onmessage boards, or forums can be helpful as well, however you must dothis wisely, you don’t want to become a spammer. This could only hurtyou. If you follow this route, make sure you give honest opinions, don’t tout yourself blatantly and make sure the advise you give is valid andfactual.
- If you have an E-Commerce store, don’t be afraid torun promotions, contests and give away freebies and such. Everyone loves something for nothing.
- Social Media is very big right now, Idon’t know if you’ve heard (joke) – make sure you use your Facebookpages to the best that you can.
- Email marketing is a fantasticway to communicate with people who have used your items in the past,people who might buy from you in the future as well.
How to Get More comments on Blogspot Blogs
Search engines like Google and Yahoo, Bing always like and prefer thefreshly updated content. So all you need to do is Ping your websiteusing once of following popular ping services: Ping.o.Matic, Technorati Ping, Pingoat Ping, Feed Ping, King Ping, Blog Flux Pinger etc.