Introduction to Social Media
As we are living in a advanced digital world which refers to be connected with every part of life by digitally. According to Wikipedia 7.2 billion people are using internet, which means they are digitallyconnected with the world. Its really awesome to be connected with people within minutes even in seconds. Every online marketers are focusing tosocial media market, just because they knows it has a large number ofuser and selling opportunity, where they can promote their products even free of cost.
What is digital marketing?
In one sentence, we can say- “If any brand or product promoted by any form of electronic media called Digital marketing”
What is Social media?
Importance of Digital Marketing & Social Media
Traditional offline marketing is slower process to promote and it has hugelimitations. As if you use offline method to promote your brand orproduct how many people will know about it? How much time do you need to say your brand name to thousand people? Beside this, if you use anydigital method this could be done by only a few minutes. Even it has ahigher chance to let people know about the brand more than thousandstime.
For example: “If you use Twitter (A social Media) and if you have athousand follower, then your one tweet will be enough to learn themabout your product or brand. We gonna think that only ten people out ofthousand will like your brand and they will retweet your tweet. So yourproduct name will seen by thousands of people in just a few minutes.”Like twitter there are lots of social media site to promote your brand, I will describe it later with how to use them perfectly. Please read on.
Social Media Infographic
Does Social Media & Digital marketing same?
Whats the benefits of Social Media to small business or Blog owners?
So you are a blog owner or you are running some kind of smallbusiness? Whatever it doesn’t netter really, only social media can boost your audience. You must have to agree with me that to be success in any business you need audience or customer whatever you say. Social mediacan give you without taking anything from you. You can say anythingabout your brand in SM, so your customer will know and they will come to you/ your blog if they really interested in your offer. Think aboutthis, if you need to spend Dollars just to show your brand, and if yourcustomer would not interested? It must be costly for small marketers.
Top List of Social Media Site
Beside this pinterest has pinning option to pin any interest in image,LinkedIn gives you the chance to explore your skill and business profile along with your all updates. Below is a top list of Social media site for blog / site owners and small business marketers.
How to drive traffic using Facebook?
- Personal Account: Use your personal account to start a gossipwith your virtual friends, put a link back with description. Update your status regularly, try to use a link along with it, but do not useirrelevant links.
- Business Account: Create your business page, its free. Promote yourpage link by Facebook ads, it take only a few dollars. It will give yothe option to target audience from country.
- If possible use signup button instead of like button. This will give you like and also traffic with one click.
- Create your very own group with the name of your business and getengage with people by the group. Keep updating your brands and useadvertising to get more group member. Be engage with other group ownersand make discussion on their group too. Don’t spam.
- Link with Blog: Link you page with your blog. Put a Facebook comment box on your blog, so user will comment via Facebook, it will engagemore than 45% up time.
- Verify Your fan page.
- Go to Facebook to Check it out
Create an account or log into Facebook. Connect with friends, family and other people you know. Share photos and videos, send messages and getupdates.
How to verify Facebook Fan page?
- Go to option page SETTINGS (top of fan page)
- Now Click on the GENERAL tab then click PAGE VERIFICATION
- Got a check box? Check it listed VERIFY THIS PAGE & then select GET STARTED button
- Enter details of your Brands publicly listed phone number (will need to verify), language and country
- Select CALL ME NOW option, You will get call from facebook withing seconds and they will provide you a verification code.
- Input 4 digit verification code and select CONTINUE.
- That’s it, you are done, wait for the confirmation email.
How to drive traffic from Twitter?
- Get more follower by anyway, keep re tweet other, reply toothers tweets, follow if they are friendly, so they will do the same for you.
- Don’t think that Twitter as a text-only micro blogging platform,think visual, use images and videos into your tweets. Don’t tweet onlyyour personal lines.Tweet what may other like to read.
- Put a recent tweet box to your blog, this will increase your conversation with customers.
- Follow other successful online business characters to know how the create their audience.
- Use popular but relevant hashtag with your post, so if any one search for the hashtag probably your post will show up to them.
- Use effective headline to tweet, remember you have only 140characters to write, in this 140, you have to describe your thousands of words.
- Use mini info-graphic and tweet very often, if you stop tweeting you will fall under tons of tweets.
Pinterest Infographic: How to Drive Traffic
How to drive traffic using Pinterest?
Yes Of course, Pinterest is great platform for building your audience as a marketer or blogger. Pinterest has fantastic pin option to makeyour sharing easy. This could be others inspiration about your pin oreven about your product. If you using women based blog / product thenpinterest is #1 method for you to promote your brand. Billions ofpinners are female and active user.
- Properly Optimize Your Images: As Pinterest is a visual platform so make sure you have best images for youraudience to pin on their Pinterest boards. You user won’t pin lowquality Image.
- Get Descriptive: Try to givedetails descriptions of your topic/product in the image, so user willwant to pin it. I hae used some infographic for my blogs to attract thepinners, When you pin your images give a full description to your viewers so other user can understand easily and will re-pin your pin.This will also help to sing in search.
- Write for Audience: write for your readers not foryou. Keep in mind user will keep engage to your blog if you give themsomething useful. If you write only about your, readers will bedisgusted and won’t stay anymore.
- Rich Pin: Add rich pins to your boards, rich pinsmeans good quality image. This can be good insulation images withthoughtful, heart touching, memorable anything you like. But you have to remember wat you like, your readers might not like it. Try to readtheir mind. Use your best guess.
- Evergreen content: Don’t forget on pinterest yourpin will be evergreen, so find any evergreen theme/pic to pin. Use it on proper board, so search engaging will find your pins easily. If you useonly a short term Image topic, this might not be search by any one after one ot tow week.
- Verify: Verify your blog on pinterest. Afterverifying your blog, you will get a sweet tick mark on your pinterestprofile, which will give your extra traffic.
- Add Pin Button: In your blog post add pin it button to all your images, so it will be easier to pin by your readers.
- What to remember: Don’t spam any board. Don’t pin irrelevant topics. Do not use hashtag, hash tag won’t work for pinterest. Only details description will do the work.
- Get as more follower to you. As many follower you have it means the higher chance to love your pins. (Learn how to get Pinterest Followers for Free)
How to get free traffic from google plus?
- Build your circle by adding on google plus, share your posts onG+, target which circle must read your post. Same post at the same timealso share with Public.
- Use hashtag to help SEO and target from Search Engine.
- Always make sure you have marked tick on “Send Email” just beforeshare the post. this feature will allow you to send email to yourfollowers, but be careful it can treat you as spammer.
- Use effective images to share, don’t share only links, good images can give you more followers.
- Don,t post only links because links would gave less exposure than that of images. Write attractive headlines in very short.
- Use Google Plus Communities to get Bulk of Traffic. Join communityyou love and post inside the community so all them member of thatcommunity can read your post.
- Create you own page and community on the name of your blog or brand, invite people and friends to join your community, make your page openfor public.
Beware and remember to before share on Google plus
Your huge share can make you spammer. Keep limit in 3-5 daily.
Don’t use adult or erotic images. Google can ban you.
If google guess that you are spammer, the can permanently ban your account.
One last word