Their are more than 200 factors which can be responsible for your site rankings.Here i am sharing a checklist for doing on page SEO. No single factor on the checklist is make-or-break for getting your page to rank well, butthey work in combination to raise your overall score / ranking on SERP.
Perfectly Optimized On-page SEO Checklist
- Content is high-quality, relevant, fresh and at least 500 words in length.
- Target search phrase is included in page headline.
- Target search phrase is included in at least one sub-headline.
- Target search phrase is repeated three to 10 times within body copy. Don’tover-do it, or the page may get downgraded as spam. Keep the reader inmind as you work with the target search phrase. Copy should always bereader-friendly.
- Page includes relevant images and/or graphics that help illustrate the target search phrase.
- Captions for images and/or graphics include the target search phrase.
- Content and/or tools and resources on the page are so good that visitors willwant to share your link with others and post your link elsewhere.
- Location: If you are optimizing for specific country, state, city or regionalnames, be sure they are in your copy and perhaps in a page footer.
- No misspellings or poor grammar. Yes, the search engines downgrade for either.
- Inclusion of social media links and / or user discussion or reviews. Pages withactive visitor interaction are scored higher than static pages.
- Include the target keyword/search phrase in the page URL if possible.
- Title tag: Every page should have an HTML title (enclosed in <title></title> tags). The title copy should be unique, include thetarget keyword or target phrase, and must be 70 characters or less (anylonger, and Google will truncate it anyway).
- Meta descriptiontag: Even if the search engines don’t weigh a meta description inranking a page, it is very important, because it is the marketing copyfor your page. The meta description in the page head-tag set (enclosedin <meta name = “description” content=””> usually appears withyour organic search listing, and induces readers to click through. Themeta description tag should be no longer than 160 characters, and should include your target phrase.
- Image alt text: Use the target phrase in image alt text (embedded in the image tag as alt=”your keyword”)
- Links from copy: Use links to other pages on your site, or other resourcesjudiciously. Links should be relevant to your page topic. The latestresearch shows Google may penalize any page containing more than 100links, and we recommend stopping well short of that number, unless there is a good reason. A few internal links (to other pages on your site)are a positive, especially if they tie together similar topics. Internal links also help search engine bots navigate and categorize your site.
- Mobile: Make sure sites and pages intended for mobile devices are coded so that the search engines recognize them as mobile. This goes beyond the scope of this article, but keep it in mind as you work with your developer on a mobile site.
Use high-quality, original content
Insert your keyword into the first 50 words
Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)
Generally H1 tags are reserved for your main page title, with subsequent headings (just like the ones I have used throughout this post) being issued H2,H3, etc. Search engines use these to determine what is important withinyour content. This is why keyword rich headiness are more usefulthan generic ones. Make sure you write keyword rich headings in theorder of priority in H1, H2 and H3 title tags. They are used by manycrawlers to differentiate important content.
People often think that the only links that count are those from otherwebsites. While these links are important, these are not the onlyimportant links!
Placing links to your other website pages, is agreat way of improving your site and used properly, internal links canbe a useful weapon in your SEO arsenal. Not only does it make it mucheasier for your visitors to navigate around your site and find all ofyour content, but it also ensures that your site gets properly crawledallowing the search engines to find all of your pages. It also helps tobuild the relevancy of a page to relevant keywords and phrases, whilstalso helping to increase the Google PageRank of your pages.
There are a number of different methods that you can use to improve your internal linking structure. The main being; content links and permanentnavigation links.
On theoff chance that you are running a site for a little business and youhave to get nearby clients scanning for different terms on Google thenon page SEO is everything you need to do.
On pageoptimization is a way to do something into a site by keeping in mindabout reader friendly matters and the rules and guidelines.