Search Engine Optimization: To be on first page of SERP you must learn latest seo techniques. One of the main marketing strategies that can help online retailers build a successful Internet business is search engine optimization. But don’t forget to practice only white hat SEO techniques?
What is White Hat SEO techniques?
Content is King
What is on page seo?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.
55 effective SEO techniques to Practice to boost Website Traffic
Structure-Based On-Page SEO
On Page SEO is about the user as well: Never forget that your primary target is to keep your users happy. Off Page SEO may bring traffic to the website but if it is not setup correctly, if it is not user friendly the results will be disappointing.
- URLs should include keywords to describe what your web page, article, post, etc. is all about.
- Like key words written in a title or page, key words located in theURL are very important for determining ranking. A readable URL has ahigher chance of securing a better ranking than one that is barelyreadable to the human eye.
- Keywords in the URL help indicate to those who see your URL onsocial media, in an email, or as they hover on a link to click thatthey’re getting to the expected source that they want to view, as shownin the page’s meta-filter.
- Dynamic parameters in URLs should be excluded whenever possible. Ifyour URL has more than two, they should be re-written into readabletext.
- Try to use URLs that have only key words. This can lead to a better ranking for your web page.
- Avoid using the automatically-generated Content Management SystemURLs. They can appear unattractive to viewers and could even bemisleading. Using key words instead of automatically-fetched URLs helpsviewers to preview the web page’s central idea before it loads on thescreen.
- Do not use multiple versions of your URL.
- Separate your words using underscores or hyphens. Using spaces canmake your URL appear awkward to readers and can possibly decrease yoursite’s ranking.
Strategically-Placed Key Words
- Your keywords should appear in your web page’s title and in the first 100-150 words of written content.
- For content writing purposes, it is best to not belabor the viewerwith a wordy or lengthy introduction. Headlines, titles, and body textshould be written to the point.
- Feature key words as early as possible in your page’s title. Searchengine algorithms place heavy emphasis on this when it comes todetermining ranking.
- It is more convenient for search engines to pick-up on key words inan article or on a web page if they appear early as opposed to beinglocated after a significant block of text.
- Bringing traffic to your blogis vital to the success of yourwebsite. The best way to direct web traffic to your pages is to rankhighly on search engine results pages (SERPs), like Google or Bing. To achieve a high ranking, you need to be including targeted keywords in your blog posts and articles, so that people can find your site through search engines when they are looking for relevant information. Key words are what people search for on a search engine.
Headlining with H1 Tags
- You can wrap your title in H1 tags, but there is no need toover-optimize your in-text, subheading key words. You can do this bychecking your website’s code.
- Optimizing headlining in this fashion allows for search engines to determine the web page’s readability.
- Is your headline readable and readily understood? Are the words arranged in a compelling way?
Rich Snippets (Structured Data Markup)
- When structuring your web page, it is wise to include a brief,concise snippet of information pertaining to the page’s content. Imagescan also be inserted into snippets.
- This can provide more information to search engines about your webpage, and in turn, it may help you to outrank others who do not includethis information or include less concise snippets.
Relevant Meta Descriptions
- Meta descriptions are featured below your web page title listed on a search engine. They include about 100-160 characters of material thatsummarizes features and details on your web page.
- These short paragraphs are a webmaster’s opportunity to advertisecontent to searchers and to let them know exactly whether the given page contains the information they’re looking for.
- Google announced in September of 2009 that meta descriptions andmeta keywords do not factor into Google’s ranking algorithms for websearches. Google uses the meta descriptions to yield results whensearchers use advanced search operators to match meta tag content aswell as to pull preview snippets on search result pages.
- The meta description should employ the keywords intelligently, butalso should create a compelling description that a searcher will want to click.
- Direct relevance to the page and uniqueness between each page’s meta description is key. The description should optimally be between 150-160 characters.
- To allow web page viewers to fully use your web page, you can insert internal, in-text outlets to references or other information sourcesmentioned in your page’s content material. This is often termed as“anchor text.”
- Placing these in-text links should have the intent to make the viewer want to want more information about your content.
- Placement of these links should be easy for the viewer to access by clicking on a group of words in the text.
- Whether the internal link on your page leads to a download, anotherweb page, or some other file type with the allotted content, its in-text location should be strategical based on your web page’s source content.
Utilize Outbound Links
- If your website has links for sources in the text, the outbound link could bring an additional SEO boon to your web page.
- If the linked sources are relevant to what information you intend to portray on your web page and make readily available, the website canoverall improve its reputation.
- Multiple outbound links for a website are also encouraged especially if the web page contains a high volume of text.
Content-Based On-Page SEO
- Content writing should be related to the topic at hand and in turn,it should include synonymous words along with major key words.
- Search engines can also match your key words with key word variants. For example, an entered “pronoun usage” search could also yield “usageof pronouns” in the related searches area.
- Key words along with their variants on a web page also help to determine a page’s relevancy.
- When writing your URL, avoid jamming keywords together or have thesame key words written right beside each other. Some searchers may bedecide to search for another source if key words are clumped together in the URL.
Increased Content Length
- A lengthier work can often yield better search results than a page with limited information.
- It is crucial to not confuse a lengthier web page with a wordy or abstruse one.
- You can judge how long your web content should be based on if itcovers the relevant information you show your viewers and meets theirneeds according to your purpose in providing the page to them. Be sureto double-check to see if the content leaves out specific details whichcould be useful or even imperative to your audience.
Higher Quality Content
- Web content writers should strive to provide the highest of qualitycontent to viewers with no spelling, grammatical errors, or plagiarism.
- You should avoid duplicating content without including references or writing the content in your own words.
- As of now there is no direct search or indication available onsearch engines as to distinguishing exactly which web pages are writtenwith high-quality content except for notions of multiple shares on other websites/social media, and measuring repeated visitors and number oftimes the site was bookmarked.
Social Media Sharing
- Web pages with social media sharing buttons have the capacity to gain more exposure to intended viewers.
- Search engines can notice if a particular web page is being sharedin multiple web environments, including on major social media venues.
- Do not limit your web page by not sharing it on social media. Social media sharing in combination with proper SEO is a recipe for success.
Design and Mobile Optimization
- The overall design of your web page should be easy to navigate and pleasing to viewers’ eyes.
- In addition to a web page’s layout design, a mobile-ready version of the web page can give the page an edge in competition among othernon-mobile friendly ones due to the increase in usage of mobile devicesbeing used to browse the Web.
- In addition to text written on a web page, be sure to addrhetorically-sound multimedia such as photos or videos that canemphasize and benefit your text effect.
- Multimedia additions also can yield higher content value and increased viewership.
- Always consider how you organize or plan on organizing any on-pagemultimedia so that it is relevant to and can further enhance all of your written content.
- Ensure all pictures, videos, and the like all have key words in their upload files to maximize optimization.
- When you polish your content, check to see if the font, font size,or text grouping has any negative impact on the page’s readability.
- If viewers cannot read the text clearly or navigate through your web page, they are likely to search for another similar one in which theyhave a greater ease of reading or navigating.
Increased Loading Speed
- If a web page fails to load quickly not because there is a problemwith the device’s internet connection but because the site speed isslow, a faster web site will have an edge in obtaining viewers.
- Speed optimization can be assessed with your hosting provider. Youcan also use a CDN, a tool to enable faster content delivery on a webpage, to further your site’s speed optimization.
Each page must have a unique title that will help both search engines and users understand what the page is about. A page with title “On Page SEO Tips” is better than a page with title “index.html”.
Last but not least, two SEO techniques that are becoming more and more important especially after the release of penguin 2.0 (or 4.0 as some people like to say it): Speed and authorship.Speed: Google is investing a huge amount of money to make the web faster. In every Google I/O someone will talk about the importance of speed and their desire to include the fastest websites in their index. In order to ‘force’ web site owners to take speed into account they have officially added speed as one of the ranking factors.
User Experience Optimization Improves Rankings and Conversion Rates
The debate continues about whether or not user experience has a significant impact on rankings, but there is no question that it could only help your site. A site that ranks on top of the search listings can prove to be of no use if it doesn’t provide the kind of user experience every online visitor looks for. This involves the proper use of navigation menus, side bars, pop-up forms, and even mobile usability. Ultimately, improving user experience can help improve your rankings and, more importantly, your conversion rates. User experience optimization is the new SEO.