So you need to transfer photos from your iPhone to Compute or laptop? Don’t be worried, there are simple three methods to import photos from iPhone to computer. The iPhone has become a popular camera replacement, but how can youbackup your photos in case your phone gets misplaced? There are severalways to do this, depending on your operating system and installedsoftware.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 7
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer. If the AutoPlay window appears, click “Import Pictures and Videos using Windows”.
2. Click the Import Settings link > In the resulting window, youcan change the folder to which your Camera Roll’s photos will beimported by clicking the Browse button next to the “Import to” field.
3. After setting your import options, click OK > Choose a tag if desired and click Import.
Pro Tip: If AutoPlay not working, you can either transfer the photos from iPhoneto PC using Windows Explorer or import the photos using software such as Windows Live Photo Gallery.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 8
1. Connect you iPhone using the cable with your Windows 8 PC. Wait for your PC to detect your iPhone. You might see anotification with Trust option. Top Trust option to continue.
2. Open “The PC” and right-click on the iPhone device and then select “Import pictures and videos”.
3. Select “Review, organize, and group items to import”option if you are transfer or importing images first time. Or click”Import all new items now” if you have already transferred photos fromyour iPhone. Click Next.
4. Click on “More Option” link to choose folders where you wantimport iPhone pictures and videos. Set folder for Pictures. click OK and then Next button.
5. Select the groups of photos you want to import, click the Import button.
Transferring Photos in Windows from iPhone
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC with the USB cable.Open your Computer by clicking the Start menu and selecting Computer. In Windows 8, type “computer” while you are at the Start screen.
- If the AutoPlay windows appears, click the “Import pictures and videos” link and skip down to Step 3.
- In the Import Settings menu, you can choose to have the photosdeleted from your iPhone after copying. This will save space on youriPhone.
- If not all photos transferred, you can copy photos manually. OpenComputer and double-click your iPhone. Browse to \InternalStorage\DCIM\100APPLE\. This folder contains all of the images you tookwith your iPhone camera. Copy any photos that you would like.
How to Manually Import Photos and Videos from an iPhone or iPad into Windows
As popular as Apple products have become in recent years, there’sstill a huge Windows user base. This often means that said users areleft scratching their heads on how to make their iPhones and iPads getalong with their PCs.
One thing that we’ve discovered is that while it’s super easy toaccess your photos and videos from a Mac, using a Windows PC requires abit more work. It’s not too terribly difficult, but it isn’t necessarily elegant either. That said, once you know how to import photos andvideos on your iOS device, you can make quick work of it.
When you first plug your iOS device into your Windows computer, itwill prompt you to allow your PC to access its photos and videos.
If you tap “Allow” and you have a photo program installed, then youmight get a prompt asking you if you want to import. In this example,our Windows 10 PC immediately pops up with a dialog asking us if we want to import items from our iPhone.